Sunday, May 19, 2013

sparkle sparkle

I was out for post-lunch jalan jalan with my colleague last week when we stepped into a cute little store selling accessories, bags and shoes that are made in Korea.

My colleague was interested in their "Love Pink" handbag series so while waiting for her to finish talking to the salesgirl, I browsed around aimlessly and saw this little cutie here!

.
.
.
.
.


VERY CUTE KAN!!! I've been on a lookout for cute shoes that I can match with my photoshoot dress and when I saw this pair, I really liked it! But the thing about me is - if I don't have that 100% feeling (macam that time when I saw my bridal shoes) I will hesitate and try as I might, I won't be able to bring myself to purchase a pair - even though the only pair left was in my size and it was going for a super cheap price of $29.90!

I ended up thinking non-stop about the shoes throughout the workday though -____- Siaken betul. Perangai consumerism mendalam dan mendadak siak. So tak boleh jadilah, I dropped by the shop again after work to see whether I can convince myself that this is the pair of shoes for my outdoor photoshoot. 

Unfortunately, it was a no go. 

Tried it on for the second time but this time, I realized that I didn't like the fact that the gaps between my toes could be seen, albeit slightly (macam mana nak explain eh?!) + the shoes didn't feel comfortable enough to be worn for an extended period of time. Plus I want a pair of shoes that I can buat lasak due to the nature of our outdoor photoshoot (which is why I cannot pakai my bridal shoes which is setinggi jambul mamat aku when I first saw him at graduation) and this pair just didn't cut it. Tak meet my requirements! So I walked away... 

... walk punya walk, tak tau macam mana boleh terpesong masuk BHG shoe punya section pulak :B

And that was where I saw this pair:


This pair is really cute and might go pretty well with the dress that I have in mind! And I am a big fan of glitter and bling bling! (Which explains my bridal shoes heh) Tapi satu je yang gua tak boleh angkat -  kasut ni high cut siol! Hahaha I don't like high cut sneakers sangat lah actually. What I have in mind is something that looks more like this:

 (Source: Confetti Day Dreams)

SUUUUUKKKKKAAAAAAA!!!

Mana nak cari kasut macam gini eh?! Kalau tanya kedai Converse, rasa rasa dorang ada stock up tak??? Hahaha ok lah ok lah, actually kasut yang design gini actually ada DIY tutorial so if I reaaaaally want to wear a pair that looks like that for my outdoor photoshoot, I can always follow the tutorial here.

Oh, Amalina of Happily Ever Wedding wrote about flat glitter shoes here before! 

And I specifically remember the bling bling bridal Toms


(Source: The Knot)

(Source: Unknown)

Very pretty option that I can consider as well but I personally prefer laced-up sneakers over the sarung ones macam Toms so I guess I won't be shipping them babies over anytime soon (Although a pair of the glittery ones might come in handy if I have to carry out tugas sebagai bridesmaid at a wedding..........)

Looks like the quest for photoshoot shoes shall continue! I already told myself that if I cannot find something cheap cheap good good that I really like and can match my photoshoot dress then I'll either attempt to DIY the glitter sneakers macam the above (HAH) or buy something that is safe and easy to match - plain white sneakers lor.

But for now since we're on the topic of glitter..........



(Source: One Fab Day)

(Source: Boho Weddings)

(Source: Confetti Day Dreams)

 (Source: Wedding O Mania)




(Source: 1. Buzzfeed // 2. Purlbee // 3. Society Bride // 4. Chanta Gold)



(Source: 1. Wedding O Mania // 2. Mae Mae Paperie)


(Source: Society Bride)

(Source: Unknown)


(Source: Unknown)

Sooo sparkly and caaaaantik seh! If I'm having a glitter-themed wedding (and have the budget for customized outfits), I'd totally want something like this for my wedding dinner dress and have my dais set up something like this (by Ratio Design, blogged about here.) Oh, and not something I'd do for my bridesmaids because this might be too OTT for them but someone pernah buat baju glitter glitter for her bridesmaids before - pictures here.

We briefly considered a glitter/metallic-themed wedding before actually, but it's definitely not something that his mother will be excited about, much less approve (as with a rainbow themed one) + it's not reflective of our relationship and our personalities (Ok I don't know how to explain this heh) - so we scrapped that off the list. Tapi takpe lah eh. Wedding theme tak bersparkling sparkling pun takpe, asalkan pengantin yang ber"sparkling-sparkling" on the wedding day and night sudah :D

6 comments:

  1. I love glitters! Not too much though, just the right amount. And I was at Larkin too yesterday (referring to your previous post)! One of my mom's favourite place hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too much glitter won't be nice, i agree! and omg what time were you at larkin??? cari barang kahwing jugak eh

      Delete
    2. I can't remember! I think about 3 to 5.. Were you there at that time? Intention was to follow mom take her altered baju but end up buying bunga pahar sticks and tape. And the aunty gave me some bunga rampai for sample haha.

      Delete
    3. oh i was there much earlier! around 11 plus. haha boleh gitu terpesong from altered baju to bunga pahar?! lol

      Delete
  2. kan kan kan!! I still think you cant go wrong with toms bridal la babe!! hahahahha! n glitter!! omgggg boleh gila tgk all th glitter. I personally dont think you can go wrong with alot of glitter for shoes! n your entry got me very excited!! gahhhhh glitterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha omg babe, you sound like you're high on sugar! or maybe in this case, high on glitter ah lol. and yes, cantik lahhhhhhh kasut kasut glitter ni semua, tak boleh tasyhan *_*

      Delete